Rules and policies are in place to make sure your child remains safe and well at school.
Visit the NSW Department of Education’s policy library for all current operational policies.
Attendance and absences
Students must attend school regularly so they can achieve their educational best and increase their career and life options.
In NSW, all children from the age of 6 are legally required to attend school or be registered for home schooling through the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). All students must complete Year 10, or its equivalent.
For more information about compulsory school attendance, visit:
If you are having difficulty getting your child to attend school regularly, you might like to talk to the school principal or the school counsellor.
If your child is absent from school for any reason, please send an absentee note detailing your child's name, class, date of absence and reason to your child's teacher on his/her return to school. If your child is going to be absent for more than two or three days, please notify the school.
If your child arrives late to school or is leaving early from school, you will need to sign your child in or out from the school office.
Application for extended leave
For extended leave applications you must provide proof of travel. Please complete the leave form to be issued a leave certificate to take on your holiday.
School frameworks (school policies)
The following frameworks apply to students at our school.
- Anti-Bullying Plan (2023)
- Attendance policy
- Awards Policy (2021)
- Class placement policy
- Communication Guidelines (2021)
- Digital Device Borrowing Agreement (2020)
- Enrolment Guidelines (2020)
- Excursions policy
- Excursion parent policy
- First aid and sick day policy
- Holiday school work policy
- Homework policy
- Parents, caregivers and volunteers policy (2019)
- Riding a bike to school (DoE policy)
- Sponsorship policy
- Sport policy
- Student Leadership Selection - Prefect Body (2020)
- Student Leadership Selection - Sport (2020)
- Student Use of Digital Devices and Online Services (2020)
- Student wellbeing and discipline plan policy
- Student welfare policy
- Sun smart policy
- Teachers' children at school policy (2020)
- Volunteer points check
- Year 6 farewell policy